The Marketing Office of the University of Tartu conducted a survey among international degree students in summer 2017. The purpose of the survey was to better understand how current international students made their decision to come to study in Estonia. Here are the results of the survey.
Total number of respondents: 176 (84% master’s, 16% bachelor’s)
TOP countries: Ukraine, Russia, Georgia, Finland, USA, Nigeria, Germany, Latvia, Azerbaijan
As the year comes to a close, we have looked into the statistics of UT Blog and compiled two lists for you: top 10 most popular blog posts published in 2017 and top 10 most popular blog posts of 2017 (published also during previous years). Happy reading!
Top 10 most popular blog posts published in 2017
10. A Hong Kongese crush on Europe – 405
My 23rd birthday party with classmates from EU-Russia Studies Programme. Photo credit: Iverson Ng.
As the old saying goes, well begun is half done. If you are ambitious enough, you can achieve many things that are beyond your imagination.
…and learn how to love and accept myself as I am.
I am so grateful to the University of Tartu for this amazing opportunity to take the optional courses any courses that you wish for free. So, you can study Japanese, Italian, Czech or another language that you want, or watch movies about God (that I did last spring semester), or… learn how to draw even if you do not have any experience in this area.
After viewing different options that the freshly opened Center of Arts proposed for this fall semester, I decided to attend Comics class, because I am a big fan of Marvel and DC comics and I have always dreamt to draw my own one day.
But can I really make it? Continue reading
- Find a companion or some good friends to feel carefree & happy.
This event is the chance to feel glamorous! Photo credit: Pixabay
- Get together with your friends for a few hours before the ball to get ready. Maybe your friend is a clever makeup artist and will help you out with a sultry smokey eye? A good music and some party games are also some of the many ways how to lift the mood!
- Keep an eye on the performers who will take the stage. So you’ll be sure that you don’t miss good events and will take everything from the evening program.
- Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because you can dance OH SO MUCH at the ball! It would be sad when the heels are too high or shoes are so uncomfortable that you have to just sit on the chair.
- Forget your school, work, and worries. A spectacular event like this only takes place once a year, so you HAVE TO ENJOY IT!
You don’t have to be a professional dancer to enjoy every minute of the ball! Photo credit: Pixabay
Mari-Liis Koemets is one of the organizers of the ball.