Search this blog
See our programmes:
Have a story related to UT?Email your idea to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynx videos – get familiar with Estonian animal of the year!
- Doctoral Students’ Stories – Reasons to Undertake the Journey
- The season of graduation: European politics for youths & changes across continents
- President of Estonia Kersti Kaljulaid: Tartu and the university symbolically bind us all into one
- First Peoples: study finds two ancient ancestries ‘reconverged’ with settling of South America
Tagsbest of biodiversity brain career Christmas collection contest culture Erasmus Estonia Estonian Estonians EU-Russia studies fashion food future genetics health history inspiration international international students interview IT Master''s memory museum PhD PhD thesis politics psychology religion research Russia Russian semiotics student student interview student life Tartu technology Ukraine University of Tartu USA winter
Tag Archives: risk
A new study by the EU Kids Online research network, based on interviews with 23,000 children and their parents across Europe, shows that more than one in eight 9–16-year-old children have been bothered or upset by online content.
Estonia, Lithuania, Sweden and the Czech Republic comprise the countries where children were more at risk online, with Italy, Portugal and Turkey showing the least risk. Continue reading →
Reasons as to why some drivers tend to exceed speed limits constantly and why some are prone to drunk driving are entirely different, a study by UT researchers suggests.
In both cases the underlying causes can be attributed to the person’s impulsivity and tendency to seek excitement. However, whereas a drunk person decides to sit behind the steering wheel without considering the potential consequences of his or her actions, speeders tend to be very aware of what they are doing. Continue reading →